T4 Bubble Tea Shop York: Discovering the Refreshing Taste of Bubble Tea 

Author:

Published:

Updated:

Me with my drink outside T4 bubble tea shop in York

Discovering York earns a commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this website. Thank you!

This is my first-time experience of trying bubble tea at T4 Bubble tea shop, located at 38-40 Coney St, York YO1 9ND. I’ll share my recommendations and my honest thoughts about T4.  

If you’re looking for a new place or looking for your first time to try authentic bubble tea but don’t know where to go? You’re in the right place.  

What Is T4 Bubble Tea Shop? 

Counter at T4 bubble tea shop in York
Counter at T4 bubble tea shop

Bubble tea, also known as boba tea, originated in Taiwan in 1980 and has since gained popularity across Europe and the US, becoming a viral sensation drink.

T4 Bubble tea shop, which opened in 2004, was founded on the concept of offering warm greetings with a cup of tea.

Today, with 50 shops across the UK, it has become one of the most well-known bubble tea shops in the country. 

My Experience at T4 Bubble Tea Shop York

I’ve always been hesitant to try bubble tea due to my fear of flavoured teas but T4’s bright and friendly appearance drew me.  

I was overwhelmed by the extensive menu and didn’t know where to begin. As a first-time visitor, the three-step order process – choosing a flavour, amount of ice, and level of sweetness. It seemed simple but as It’s a process I’d never seen it confused me.  

There were no other customers in the shop, I felt pressured to make a quick decision when the waitress was waiting for my order. Eventually, I chose the Fruit Magic Passion Fruit Royal Tea.  

When the waitress asked me about the amount of ice and sweetness, I realized that I had missed two steps in the order process and was unsure what to choose.

Fortunately, the waitress noticed that I was a first-time customer and kindly explained the process to me.  

I ordered the passion fruit Royal Tea, 30% ice and 50% sweetness and after a short wait my drink was ready. All drinks are takeaway but there are a few window seats if available.  

My Thought about My Drink? 

My Passionfruit Royal bubble tea
My Passion Fruit Royal bubble tea

After much consideration, I ordered the Passion Fruit Royal with 30% ice and 50% sweetness, which cost me £4.30.

As a first-time customer, I think this was a safe option, especially if you’re unsure about trying bubble tea. 

I found the drink to be extremely refreshing, with the perfect balance of ice and sweetness.

The taste was exactly as described – a refreshing passion fruit drink. However, I couldn’t really taste the tea in it, and I didn’t see any option to increase the tea flavour. 

Would I Visit T4 Again?  

I enjoyed my drink and found it to be perfect for a refreshing summer beverage, I do think that the price of £4.30 was quite expensive for what I ordered. 

If I were to visit T4 again, I would try something more exotic, such as the classic Taiwan Winter Melon Lemon Tea. 

Opening Hours T4 Bubble Tea Shop York

DaysHours
Monday 12–7 pm 
Tuesday 12–7 pm 
Wednesday 12–7 pm 
Thursday 12–7 pm 
Friday 12–7 pm 
Saturday 11 am–7 pm 
Sunday 11 am–7 pm 

What You Need to Know Before Visit?

T4 bubble tea shop LOGO in York
T4 bubble tea shop LOGO
  • Address: 38-40 Coney St, York YO1 9ND 
  • Disable access: Yes, there is zero steps and fully disability accessible  
  • Vegan friendly: All their fruit teas are vegan friendly and have a substitute for milk teas. 

Where To Park?  

If you’re looking for parking options near T4 Bubble Tea Shop, I would recommend two car parks: 

1. Q-Park – Located near the Shambles, Q-Park is only a 5-minute walk from T4 Bubble Tea Shop. You can book online and pay in advance, with an average rate of £2.90 per hour. The address is Q-Park Shambles, Garden Place, York YO1 7NT. 

Pre-book to plan ahead for a space in a safe, secure car park in the city center

1. Coppergate Centre Car Park – Located at Piccadilly, YO1 9NX, this large car park is open from 7am to 8pm and costs £3 per hour. It is also a short distance from T4 Bubble Tea Shop. 

FAQs

Is T4 Bubble Tea Low in Calories? 

All-natural ingredient used in Bubble tea makes it a lower calorie option, with only one-third the calories of fructose and half the calories of sugar cubes. 

Does T4 Accept Cash?  

While T4 Bubble Tea Shop does accept cash, they prefer card payments. They have contactless card terminals and use a third-party app for card payments. 

Is it OK to drink bubble tea every day? 

Drinking unsweetened black or green tea daily has numerous health benefits. However, the health benefits of drinking bubble tea depend on what and how you order it. Consuming high amounts of sweeteners in bubble tea daily can lead to health issues. 

Can Children Drink Bubble Tea? 

Allowing children to drink bubble tea in moderation is considered safe. While bubble tea does contain a small amount of caffeine due to its tea base, it is generally safe for children to consume. 

Is T4 Bubble Tea Halal?  

Yes, the ingredients used in T4 Bubble Tea are halal. However, it’s important to note that recipes may change, or different products may be used in different drinks. Therefore, we recommend asking the staff about the ingredients used in your chosen drink during your visit. 

My Visit to T4 Bubble Tea Shop York – Final Thoughts

My visit to T4 Bubble Tea Shop in York was a positive experience. Despite the confusing menu and the slightly high price of my drink, the friendly staff and refreshing taste of my Passion Fruit Royal made it all worthwhile.

The convenient location of the shop made it easy to access. If you’re a fan of bubble tea or looking to try it for the first time, T4 Bubble Tea Shop is worth a visit.

Looking for somewhere to eat but can’t decide what you fancy? Read my honest review of Panda Mami Buffet York.  

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts